Sweet curry cashews! These are a little bit weird to make...the sugary stuff slides off of the cashews, so you have to do a lot of spatula work...but , MAN are they worth it!
I actually adapted this recipe from Martha Stewart's recipe!
Sweet Coconut Curry Cashews
- 2 tablespoons butter/ghee
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups unsalted roasted cashews (9 ounces)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in curry powder, and cook until toasted, about 1 minute. Stir in sugar, water, honey, and salt. Add cashews and coconut, and toss to coat using a rubber spatula. The sugar mixture will slide off, but we'll work on that later.
- Transfer cashew mixture to a parchment-lined baking sheet (you're going to hate your life if you don't remember the parchment paper, so DON'T FORGET!), and spread into a single layer using rubber spatula. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Bake another 8 minutes, stir, then bake 8 more minutes...watch that the edges of the sugar mixture don't burn.
- Once you remove the nuts from the oven, you'll want to stir them a lot while they cool to get the good stuff to stick to the nuts! Once it's too hard to stir, just give up. Haha...let them cool completely before you try to eat some or you'll pull out a filling. (They harden as they cool.)