Let's try this.

Friday, July 12, 2013

What's upChuck?

Alright, suckas.  I keep getting requests to start a blog and it's all pretty daunting when I think about how MUCH goes down in my life and how I'm supposed to get it all "on paper". Jesus.  Maybe if I just start with today, then at least I can tell everyone to suck it for a little while. :D

Let's get some stuff out of the way first so that you can keep reading or tell me where to shove my blog...I'm 34, I'm a veteran, I'm a Mom, a Buddhist, and I have a girlfriend.  My resume is ridiculous, but I'm a nurse now and forever, but I didn't become a nurse until 2010.  If you read my blog long enough, you'll eventually realize that I'm a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none. 

I cook a LOT (Paleo), Crossfit...not enough, support my GF as she goes to school, pay the bills, watch a lot of little girls play hockey, and generally keep our little household afloat while trying to save for vacation too.  We have a cat named Shakira that looks like she's wearing oven mitts and has a crazy crooked tail, and a snail named Sunshine.  R.I.P. Friendship the Beta fish...is that what you call them...or just beta?  Whatever...Friendship and Sunshine are names that happen when you let your Widget name your pets.

OH...I should mention...I used to weigh almost 300 pounds.  Yikes, yeah, I know.  I'm roughly 180 right now.  As you can tell, I have no shame about my weight.  It's just a number on a scale people, and only you know it.  How do you FEEL?  That's a better thing to measure.

Don't worry...I'll get to the details of my weight issues eventually.

For NOW...thanks for getting this far, and I'll give you an EASY recipe to start off with:

Grok Rocks
(these are from the Primal Blueprint meal plan)

Ingredients:

6oz bar of Paleo-friendly dark chocolate...if you can find it.
1/2 C. dried plums (dude, they're prunes, just say it)

Melt the chocolate in a double broiler, or if you're like me, just melt that shit on the stove...carefully.  You're only a badass until you burn that expensive Paleo-friendly chocolate.  Cover your prunes in the chocolate, let 'em cool on some parchment paper, then eat a couple a day so that you stay regular.  If you're just starting out on Paleo, you're probably on protein overload and can't poop, so you're WELCOME.

~T

No comments: